Monday, August 25, 2014

Blueberry Frosty Skulls For Your Pups!


Nothing like a frozen treat to beat the heat! My pups go crazy for those "Frosty Paws" ice cream treats, so I figured I would try a healthier, homemade option!




Blueberry Frosty Skulls




Ingredients needed:

* 1 large container (32 oz) of low-fat, plain yogurt
* 3/4 cup blueberries
* 1 ripe banana
* 2 tbsp of creamy peanut butter
* Other fruit as desired - such as, apple slices, orange slices, strawberries, and more.





Instructions:


Chop up the banana in small pieces (or mash) and add all ingredients together in a large bowl.




Mix all of the ingredients together.
A blender or hand mixer work great! 




Place the mixture in ice cube trays (I found it easier to pipe them into the trays using a ziplock bag) and freeze for about 3 hours.





For fun, you can use skeleton shaped ice cube trays!
I actually found my trays at the dollar store!



Once frozen, run hot water over the underside of the trays, pop out the frosty paws, and serve to your patient pups! 





Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment